…but is still going strong at Ithaca’s La Tourelle resort. Well, the mastermind behind this delicious conceit agreed to be featured on The Blather some time ago, and I’m thrilled to finally be bringing you her tale.
Chef Samantha answered my five standard Blather question with no muss and no fuss, which endeared me to her even more than I had been previously. Let’s hear what she has to say:
I used to make chocolates for sale at school, pick the huge avocadoes from the tree in my mom's backyard in South Africa, and sell them at the corner store...you get the idea.
BHS: What is your favorite ingredient?
BHS: Death row meal…go!
Created by Chef Samantha Buyskes of Simply Red Events and Culinary Center
- Whisk buttermilk, salt, pepper, Tabasco and chipotles together
- Pour over the chicken pieces and marinate overnight or at least six hours
- Drain chicken pieces, dust with flour and place slowly into the oil using tongs one piece at a time
- Fry for 15 -20 minutes until pieces start to float and have reached a beautiful golden brown
- Pull out place on paper towel and serve
Chef Samantha also asks you to come meet her at her Southern Night events on Monday nights at The Red Newt Wine Cellars in Hector, NY. And if you want to go, invite me to come! I might even pick up the tab! From Red Newt’s Website, it appears she’s making shrimp and grits for these dinners. Droooooool. For more info on The Wonderful World of Sam, check out her website at www.simplyredculinary.com. Can you imagine a wedding catered by Sam? I die.